What were some
of your favorite television shows as a kid?
Today it is
mostly all “reality tv” and most of it is boring or sickening and aligns with
my thoughts about the degradation of society… for another time.
TV time was
limited in our home when I was a child. After school I watched Full House and
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Sometimes Reading Rainbow, then the
news.
Tuesday evenings
we watched Rescue 911. Man that show kind of freaked me out sometimes.
Fridays was TGIF
on ABC… good shows such as Boy Meets World, Full House, Perfect Strangers, Step
by Step, Two of a Kind, So Little Time, and that’s all I remember at the moment.
Boy Meets World
has reruns on nowadays on MTV2, and they are also making a sequel called Girl
Meets World which is supposed to be Cory and Topanga’s teenagers as the main
roles.
Step by Step and
ALF have reruns on the Hub and Full House is on Nick at Nite every weeknight.
Now you know you feel old when shows you enjoyed as a child end up on Nick at
Nite. Even though I own all 8 seasons of Full House on DVD, I still watch it in
the evenings sometimes when there is nothing else on… which is most of the time.
Another show I
own all seasons of on DVD but still watch when it is on is 7th
Heaven. Why did I never hear of this show until I was like… 17????
Saturday nights
we would watch shows such as Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Early Edition, and
Walker, Texas Ranger.
Another
television show I greatly enjoyed that I wish they (who’s they?) would put on
DVD is Promised Land, one of my favorite television shows ever. About ten years
ago there were reruns on a local station but I have not heard or seen anything
of it since. If I’m lucky I may have a couple of fuzzy recorded episodes on a
VHS tape buried in a bin in my garage. And yes, I still own a VCR that works
and many VHS tapes. Slowly I have been attempting to upgrade all the VHS tapes
to DVD but some are impossible to find or so rare they cost too much on Amazon.
Yes,
I’m still old school. I still prefer the classic video games. My Super Nintendo
died so for Zach’s birthday I bought one of those FS Twin consoles that plays
both 8 bit Nintendo games and 16 bit Super Nintendo games. All the games on the
newer systems are too complicated with too many buttons. Even when I got a Wii,
I downloaded some of the games I couldn’t find in cartridge form such as Dr.
Mario. I even still own a Game Boy Color even though I have not played it in
forever. Zach has a PS3 and most of the games he rents to try are so
complicated just to set up, let alone figure out how to play. I just want to
play the game, not spend two hours choosing the color of my player’s pants.
Here is the link to my Pinterest board of stuff I may have forgotten to talk about here: http://www.pinterest.com/hollyswaney/movies-and-tv-shows/
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love with some comments!