Yep. I do. So I'm gonna.
I broke it off with Josh last night.
Well, I guess it kinda went both ways. He said to me on Saturday night
that he thinks our relationship is going too fast and he wants us to
still be friends and all but we need a break from each other. OK I said,
and then last night he was seeming rather down and out so I asked him
why he thought that and I got the truth out of him. He says everyone he
knows thinks I am using him because he offers to pay for things and I
don't pay him back. Recently he said he understands that I am not
working and he don't mind putting gas in my tank so I can come pick him
up so we can see each other and all, and he's taken us out to dinner a
couple times. But I never asked for ANYTHING from him, and he's
expecting re-payment for all this, saying I owe him like $400 for
everything. Um, I'm kinda confused.
Then he said his family hates
me and he's never given me a chance to meet any of them and he said
they hate me because I'm using him. Then he said everyone in my family
can fuck off and so at that point I said I wasn't going to argue with
him anymore and I logged off line. He was also saying that I can't stay
out of trouble for more than 20 minutes, even though I haven't been in
trouble in over a week because I got pulled over last Sunday so I guess a
week is 20 minutes to him, and then my roomate started texting him and
he said I involve everybody and that's why he's done. I didn't even know
she was texting him, but he didn't believe me. Whatever, I'm sick of
arguing with him all the time and I'm always afraid when I talk to him
that I'm going to say the wrong thing that sets him off like I
apparently did tonight. Anyways, I've always said about any guy who I
date that once they cross the family line they can expect to not be a
part of it and once he said my family can all fuck off I told him that
how can he say he will always love me if he treats me and my family like
shit?
Oh well. Enough of that. On to my next rant: Stupid landlords.
When
I got out of rehab I was staying with Nicole over on the island and her
landlord didn't know I was staying there, but was getting too many
noise complaints from the bitchy neighbor. So the landlord drafted an
addendum to her lease saying she could not have guests over between 9pm
and 9 am and everyone in the building would know about that and let him
know of any violations and the violators will be cited for trespassing
and she would be evicted. The night he had her sign that a friend of
mine and I were there, he said he would come over at 11 pm he shows up
at 10:30. So we hide in the shower and he asks her if he can look around
her apt and make sure no one else was there and she said NO. He went
ahead and did it anyway and found us hiding in the shower so I got in
his face and yelled that he was trespassing and for Nicole to call the
police. So she did. The Campbell officer arrives with a deputy and they
basically made her sign the addendum in front of them because he said if
she didn't sign it he would evict her. Then the officer said he would
write up areport and send it to the DA's office for charges of
trespassing because he was. A couple nights later I called the officer
to get a copy of the report and he said HE NEVER WROTE ONE and hung up
on me. Asshole. I told Nik to move out and just be done with the
landlord and all his shit. She is moving out this week.
And now
the friends I'm staying with are having a similar issue with their
landlord. She comes into the apartments and does "cleanliness
inspections" once a month or something like that and throws a fit if the
apt isn't clean to HER expectations, basically spotless. So I told them
the same thing, just move out and be done with it because this lady is
just the on-site manager, not the landlord, and she wanted to come in
and take pictures to send to the landlord and my friend said no way so
she yelled at us and slammed out of here and came back with a letter
saying she was going to do another inspection this week and if the place
wasn't clean she was going to evict them. Trying to tell them that if
their apt is dirty it affects the health and well being of the
neighbors. OK, um, it's not like there's rats and mold crawling up in
here! If there were, then she'd have room to bitch. So same thing here.
We're looking for a new place to live.
I think I should be a
lawyer. The night before NYE Nicole and I were walking across the
spillway and she didn't want to walk across the flowing water so she
attempted to walk on the frozen lake. I told her not to because that was
flowing water right there, it probably wasn't frozen solid right there
next to it. So she steps onto it and CRACK! Down she goes into the lake.
She went in kinda sideways up to her chest, grabbed my leg with one arm
and I pulled her out with the other. She didn't want me to but I had to
call for help because I was concerned about hypothermia and sheesh, she
just fell in the lake!!! She was a popsicle by the time we got back to
Fisherman's Road and the 1st Responders and ambulance got there almost
20 minutes after she was pulled out. It wasn't pretty. So the Campbell
officer (same one I hate) shows up and said we were told earlier that
night that we weren't supposed to be back there. I told him that wasn't
true, because yes, the airport policeman DID stop us shortly before 11pm
and ask us if we were going back there to help someone who's truck was
apparently stuck in the snow. We said we didn't know anything about
that, and he asked us where we were going and we just said for a walk,
he told us to have a good night and went on his way. He never told us we
couldn't be back there and also two other officers have told us last
summer that we can walk back there after the gate is closed as long as
we don't have a vehicle back there. The sign at the gate says "Road
closed 10:00 pm to 5:00 am. Violators will be prosecuted." That's all
the sign says.
So they take her into the ambulance and get her
checked out, say she wants to go home she don't want to go to the
hospital and since she didn't go all the way down that was okay I guess.
Well then the Campbell officer tells us that a La Crosse officer is
going to come up and write us some tickets for being back there after
hours. He comes out and tells us that the airport cop told us we
couldn't be back there and we said he didn't, told both officers exactly
what he told us and he called the airport cop to verify it. Then I told
the La Crosse officer that we've been told in the past by TWO other
airport police officers that we can be back there as long as we didn't
have a vehicle back there, also the sign does NOT specify that the road
is closed to vehicles AND pedestrians. We told him to show us exactly
what the sign says, and he did, that's what it says, so then he calls
his commanding officer to ask him about that. He looked up the ordinance
and said the same thing, that yes, it does not specify specifically to
vehicles or pedestrians so he gave us a ride home and didn't cite us. We
told him he could go ahead and cite us, but he was wasting paper and
his time cuz we would fight them. So we got off on a technicality. :)
So
then he asked why we were walking to Onalaska across the spillway. Told
him because every time we walk on the highway we get turned in by cab
drivers who are pissed because we don't pay them to drive us. We've also
been told in the past that if we continue to walk on the highway we are
going to start getting arrested, but there is no law against walking on
the highway. FREEWAY, yes, that is illegal. Granted, walking on the
highway isn't safe, but it isn't illegal either. I can't win.
Maybe
it would be better if the busses ran that way all night, instead of
just during the day working hours. Not everyone works 9-5 jobs. Or maybe
it would be better if there was a bike path that went from the
northwest side of La Crosse to the south side of Onalaska, instead of
the one that winds all the way through the industrial park, which isn't
well lit, well traveled, is very narrow, and heavily traveled by semis
at night. Let me tell you, if something happened I would much rather be
on the highway instead of back in the industrial park area where I may
never be found LOL
So what's there to do in the La Crosse area at
night? Everyone goes downtown. Well, what if you don't like to be
around the crowded fighting-your-way-through-drunken-college students
crowds? Where else is there to hang out at? The coffee shops that are
all closed by 10 pm? The mall that closes at 9? The parks which all
close at 11?
Then everyone says "stay home and watch TV." There's
nothing on! 150 channels that I'm paying $80 a month to watch and
there's NOTHING TO WATCH but then I feel bad that I'm not watching it
because I'm paying for it.
And then there's "You have come to the end of the Internet..... please go back." I mean, there's only so much one can do.
So
this city needs a non-alcoholic night club. That's open til like 3 a.m.
EVERY night, not one that closes early on Sundays like everything else
around here. Just a safe place to hang out and chill, that's not the
street or a bar. Or have it be like a roller rink during the
afternoon/evening hours and open to 16 or 18+ after curfew for a dance
floor. The roller rink in the Rapids used to do that a couple times a
month, have an 18+ night club with music and lights and games and just a
fun safe place to hang out.
Honestly also, if you're between the
ages of 18-21 you can't be in the bar. The YMCA and Boys and Girls Clubs
all close early also, Perkins is open 24/7 but you can't just sit there
all night without buying something so if you've got no money, where do
you go?
OK that's enough for tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love with some comments!