Sunday, February 1, 2009

Just Here

I have not been on here in awhile... but that's okay I guess because too much of my time is spent on the Internet. I really have nothing else to do, and it keeps me out of trouble so it could be a good thing, however it's making me lazy.
With it being winter it's hard to get out and walk since it's pretty cold out recently, and no way am I going to ride my bike in this stuff... and the hockey rink usually has a ton of people on it and the park is closed at the times I'd rather be there skating LOL The last thing I need is ANOTHER citation for being in the park after hours! But since it was so nice out tonight, a friend and I did take a nice long walk around Onalaska... since there's sidewalks there we can't get accused of walking in traffic as seems to happen every time we walk elsewhere around the island. So we parked the car at Center 90 parking lot and walked up Main St to 2nd Ave and down to Kwik Trip at Oak Forest Drive, then walked back the same way. It was a little cold, but like 25 degrees and a little windy so it wasn't too bad.
And there were traffic stops like mad tonight in Ona! I swear there had to be 10 officers on duty there tonight.... on our way to KT there were 2 officers who had someone pulled over and hooked him and towed his car, and on the way back another officer had someone pulled over and was doing field tests on him.... hot and heavy up there... cracking down on DUIs it looks like, which is actually awesome! ZERO tolerance for that!

Anyways, I'm trying to get my old job back in the Dells working in security. I went back and talked to the boss the other day and he can't figure out why my security license was never sent to me because he paid for it to be renewed last August before I left. Told him I never received it, and he said if I had it in my possession he could have put me to work that night. So now I am in contact with the state Dept of Regulation and Licensing to find out why they never sent it to me, but absent minded me forgot to give them my credential number when I emailed them about it, so now I have to wait another few days to hear back about it.... I hate playing the waiting game. But I have a job as soon as I receive it. The morning I was down there I got called and asked for an interview at Northern Engraving in Holmen.... thought about that and decided that the manufacturing sector is not something that's very reliable right now in this faltering economy so I'm not so sure I wanna call her back or not. Wanted to wait and see what's going on with my security license first, because I'd like to stay in La Crosse but I have to go where a job is, and honestly, being here is not the best thing for me right now. I think it would be better to go back home and work through the summer and save as much as I can and when I settle on a choice for school, go from there.

Pretty much I'm just sitting idle right now. I'm working on my application for UW-L for the fall semester this year, and am going to plan a campus visit to UW Superior whenever my Dad wants to road trip with me, and I am still waiting for info from UW River Falls. Now it's just a matter of coming up with the money for the application fees; it's $44 per application.

I am so tired but haven't been able to sleep yet.... it's 530 on Sunday morning and I have been awake since 415 pm Saturday. Not sleeping much or well right now... dunno what's up with that. The friend I am staying with at the present time said it sounded like I was choking in my sleep this morning and asked if I have sleep apnea. My mother and brother both do and sleep with the apparatus thing but I haven't been tested for it... not having insurance kinda puts a hindrance on things like that... same with my teeth. I have NEVER been to a dentist and I need braces severely bad, and my wisdom teeth yanked out... the local free/reduced dentists around here all say they're not taking new patients right now and the one in Wautoma down by my parents told me I could come in at 8 am Mon-Fri and be seen as an emergency patient, but it's first come first served and she said there's no guarantee I'd be seen. So I've been dousing the wisdom teeth with Anbesol and Orajel and that usually numbs it for about a week til it starts bugging me again.

Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love with some comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...