Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stupid Politics!

So I thought I would get out of watching President Obama's State of the Union Address because I had class tonight. "The President's on! He's on every channel!" Which comedian was that... Louie Anderson? I was relieved I have cable for one night.

Well, that was until I got to class and our instructor told us she was planning on watching it in class if we chose to.

I was grossly outnumbered. 16 people in the class, 14 females, 2 males, and only about 3 of us who didn't care to watch it at all, about 8 who said they would have watched it had they not been in class, and the rest said they wanted to watch it.

So here I sat. Bored out of my mind in the middle of the classroom texting to facebook and Twitter about how much clapping and standing going on. Did everyone seriously have to stand and clap EVERY single time the President said something?

A couple things did make me laugh though... such as when he stated that nobody is going to be denied the right to serve the country they love because of who they love... and the camera showed random dudes in uniform who were NOT clapping. NOT smiling. And NOT moving a muscle. They didn't look too happy.

And also when he said something about how the Interior Dept deals with freshwater salmon, the Commerce Dept deals with saltwater salmon, and when it's smoked its another whole different department!

Yeah I was still bored to no end.

It didn't help that my instructor brought snacks.

Because I don't care about politics. I simply don't care. I don't vote, yet I don't complain about the way the government does things or what's going on in the political world.

And now we have to wrote a one page paper about how what he said will influence our work as social workers.

You know how I think it will influence it? He's talking about cutting spending to community programs.... that's prolly where most of us will be working... therefore many of us will be competing for one job that MAY be available among 3000 people applying for it.

So yeah, what do I think about politics? :P

Give me a damn job now and I'll be happy forever. Until its shipped to India for a robot to do it for a quarter of the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love with some comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...