Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Daydreaming in Class....

Is it okay for me to say I really hate this class? Too late :)

I didn't know I had to take a history class. The class is "Diverse Cultures in America" which according to our syllabus, is supposed to be talking about the different sociological perspectives of race and diversity and cultures in America.

We have two weeks left after tonight. And so far we've spent every night talking about different races and cultures in America but nothing seems to be current. It's all about history and how these people came to assimilate into America, and the lack thereof. Doesn't help that there's only four of us in the class. Also the instructor is so behind the times! She's the first one I've had in all my four years of school that would not accept assignments via email. Everything must be printed and handed in. Not everyone has a printer or access to one.

Wow! This is probably the most current thing we've talked about in all of class! Political cartoons! Like I'm interested (*rolls eyes*) She's showing us an online game where you shoot Mexicans crossing the border. That's sad.

And isn't "ie." the abbreviation that means "example"? She uses "eg."

Ha ha we've been talking about skin color and race vs. ethnicity and I said that I used to be asked by strangers all the time if I was a boy or a girl. Cuz our instructor said strangers ask her all the time if her son is adopted or ask what he is because he has a darker complexion.

I don't want to know how many people were classified in the past! This isn't a history class!

There's really cool clouds outside. Wish she'd give us a break so I can go smoke and take pictures of it before it goes away.

Now we're talking about the census. Funniest thing about the 2010 census is that the government sent out a letter to inform everyone that they would be sending out the census!

"We say we're all equal and we say we all want to be treated equal, but we act differently." I hate everyone equally. That way I'm not racist and I don't discriminate.

Yay finally got a break and pictures of the cool clouds.

Pop quiz. Yay. I got like 2 right out of 10. I swear everything in this class goes right over my head.

I don't understand the Western and Eastern religions and ancestries of like from European descent and stuff. They didn't teach us about World Geography in school. We learned everything to know about the United States and the continents but barely studied anything about the countries on those continents outside of North America.

Does this instructor really have to smile after every other statement? Wow that's annoying. Now we're talking about Islam. Most in depth discussion about current culture and not history that we've had yet.

An hour and 15 minutes to go. Wow. 4 1/2 hour classes really suck. Most instructors don't keep us the full time. Most are done between 8:30 and 9, and we start at 5:30 pm. This is the first class I've had that's kept us til 10 every single week.

Hmm. That's interesting. Maybe I should convert to Islam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love with some comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...