Sunday, June 5, 2011

This Isn't Justice!

Memorial Day weekend was freakin nuts!

We went out for karaoke Friday night. As usual. We go home and what not, it's pouring rain outside, I feel like going for a walk. So I do.

I find a local park to sit in and I'm on the phone. The parks here on the island don't have closing hours on them as the ones in the city do. I've been told in the past that if I'm going to be out wandering around after I've been drinking, then go hang out in a park so I don't get hit by a car or the PD doesn't get phone calls about me. Granted, the island does not have a public intox ordinance or anything like that either as does the city.

So I'm sitting in the park talking on my phone. Not being loud, disruptive, anything like that. 2 deputies pull up to me and the first thing they say is "get in the car or you're going to jail." I end the phone call and get up and get in the car, they drive me home.

The one walks me into my apartment to make sure I get inside okay, and they leave. I strip off my wet clothes right in the living room, and then there's a knock on the door. I open it far enough to stick my head out and see the same two deputies standing there.

They ask me to come out into the hallway so they can speak to me. I replied "I'm naked" and the one hands me a piece of paper through the door. Says "there's your ticket for disorderly conduct. Court dates on the top." And they walk away.

I shrug it off and go to bed. I would think about it later.

So when I wake up I try my darndest to figure out why I got this ticket. By WI law, DC is defined as

947.01 Disorderly conduct. Whoever, in a public or private place, engages in violent, abusive, indecent, profane, boisterous, unreasonably loud or otherwise disorderly conduct under circumstances in which the conduct tends to cause or provoke a disturbance is guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.

I was doing none of the above. I was simply sitting in the park, talking on the phone. I got there on my own; I could've gotten home on my own. Not only that, the deputies made nothing clear to me as to why they were called, why they were there, why they insisted on taking me home or to jail, and why I got the citation.

So I decided I would wait until Tuesday and make a visit to the Sheriff's Department to obtain a copy of the report explaining the reasoning behind their decision.

Monday night I'm outside grilling out our Memorial Day meal and one of my neighbors from across the street calls me and asks me to come over. I talked to her for about 20 minutes before I went over there, had to finish up cooking, and then I said I would come over. I'm not there 5 minutes and there's a knock on the door.

Look out the window (she had her AC on and windows and blinds closed) and there's a squad car sitting outside. Greeeeeaaaaaaaat.

Officer Carley said he was taking her to jail because the douchebag ex boyfriend of hers who is a dickwad and lives a couple buildings down accused her of yelling profanities out the window at him as he walked past her apartment. Then he sees me.

And accuses me of hearing it on my scanner that I heard he was on his way to her apartment and I came over to "warn her" so he could be taking me to jail also for "interfering with a police investigation."

Because he doesn't know her and thought she would run. She's handicapped, she can't run. I was outside grillin and smoking, And my scanner wasn't even on because it annoys my roommates.

And this moron who accused her of this also doesn't know what he's talking about. Because her AC had been on all day, she had been sleeping before I called her, and he claimed it happened an hour before the cops arrived. He also called Animal Control on her the week before claiming she abuses and neglects her cat. I can't wait til this idiot moves out of the apartment trailer park.

So she gets arrested and I go home. I'm slightly pissed. My roommate is over at the other neighbors house and I go over there to tell her what happened and she drags me away from his place saying he wants nothing to do with me because he thinks I called the cops on his neighbor Thursday night. Yeh, this creepy guy who sits in his window and spies on my apartment all day and tells everyone else what I'm up to and that I'm a lesbian and nothing but a "cop caller."

But I DID hear that call go out on the scanner Thursday night. And it was someone in the 1600 block of our street who called him in, we live at the end of the 1700 block. This guy is our Friday ngiht entertainment. When he gets drunk he likes to yell and cuss out everything and anyone around him. But whatever, I don't care what this guy thinks of me.

That's life in the Apartment Trailer Park.

So Tuesday I go down to the Sheriff's Department to see if I can get a copy of the report. The secretary told me since it was the holiday weekend they were backed up on reports but she would look and see if one was done yet. She comes back and says "it doesn't appear he did a report." Not that it wasn't done yet, that there wasn't one at all.

So I ask to speak with a commanding officer. She goes back and returns a few minutes later and tells me the road Sgt is out and not near downtown so she would have him call me. I gave her my name and number and I'm still waiting for a phone call.

I think my next step is to go file a complaint against this particular deputy. Nothing else is going anywhere. It was completely unprofessional the way the whole situation was handled. Whether or not they know who I am, they have no reason to treat me that way. The officers are supposed to take the circumstances of each individual call into perspective, not treat you like a piece of trash because of prior contacts and incidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love with some comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...