It's been forever since I've written a blog... but I've been busy. Wow. There's something I'm glad I can say.
My first term in school is over. Those 8 weeks went by fast. My Environmental Science class took a field trip to the wastewater treatment plant (ewww.....) a few weeks ago and last week we took a field trip with the DNR to a few rivers around La Crosse to take water quality measurements.... and the picture got put on the college website! You can check it out here: https://my.uiu.edu/ics
And this week was the final week and research projects due... and knowing me... I put it off til Sunday night when one was due on Monday and put the other one off til Tuesday when it was due Wednesday.... starting next Monday I have 9 credits (3 classes) instead of 6 so things will be a little harder... maybe...
Anyways.... we moved! Yeah, the crazy roomate I was staying with in the one bedroom was about to be kicked out with me staying there.... see prior post for story on that... and we both figured out that I more than likely wont be able to get an apartment on my own with no job and only financial aid and unemployment for an income.... and we've been having a hard enough time trying to find somewhere with my history...
so I called
my old landlord and he had two 2 bedrooms available... and said he
wouldn't mind renting to me again. That was Monday. I saw the place on
Wednesday. Signed the lease and he gave me the keys and I wrote him a
huge check. We moved in Friday. Been here almost a week now. And I
haven't been happier... it's huge! Cool kitchen, with a dining room,
nice size living room, my bedroom is huge but its getting smaller as I'm
unpacking it... Squeex doesn't like it too much though.... she keeps
trying to play Houdini and sneak out the door into the hallways.... but
she does enjoy sitting in the window watching the birds in the tree
right outside the bay window. The coolest thing about this place....
it's only 2 buildings north of the building we were living in.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love with some comments!