I guess.
Well Nik and I have been looking for a 2 bedroom
apartment on the island. Because the two of us in a one bedroom
apartment is just too small. So we found out her current landlord has a 2
bedroom available right around the corner from here and if we put $100
down on it we could have it, then they'd just switch the lease and she'd
have to pay the difference from what she's paying here. But I had to
fill out an application online before we could look at it.
So I
did that on Tuesday. Nik called the office on Wednesday and the lady
told us that there was some questions about my application and she would
have to talk to the owner of the apartments before they could make a
decision. Nik called one of the two and he told her that he sees a
pattern of violent activity with my criminal background and he doesnt
need the police activity in his apartments, and what if we decide in 6
months we don't want to live together anymore, then she'll want to move
back into a 1 bedroom and it costs them about $100 everytime someone
moves. Whatever.
So on my way home from school I get a phone call
from the owner. The other one, not the one Nik spoke to. So he told me
that the collections stuff isn't a problem, that my criminal background
is, and also he has been getting phone calls from the neighbors stating
she has someone living with her and that the police are at her apt all
the time. I asked him if he was sure it wasnt her parents calling
pretending to be neighbors because they're just dumb like that. He
claims no, but they threatened to do that. Then he said its a violation
of her lease for me to be living here and I cant since my application
wasn't approved. And it's up to Nik if she wants to stay here or not,
because he has no problem renting out these apartments... just the
opposite of what the other one told her earlier. Then he tells Nik that
she can still look at the apartment, but I can't look at it and she's
going to need to choose another roomate. She told him no. Nik also told
him that if he would like a copy of the police log for the times, dates,
and types of calls to this apartment since she's lived here, we can get
that.
I also called my caseworker at justice sanctions to ask
her what I need to do about moving. And how to go about that etc. She
told me how that works, then said she's been getting phone calls about
me from a female with the last name same as Nik's. And this person is
telling her that I'm having people over all the time and drinking and
partying all the time and going out to the bar on the weekends. The
caseworker told her she has no proof and to mind her own business and
stop calling her. Go Kate! I know its Niks' mom because I asked the
caseworker today if it was and she told me yes, plus Niks mom did the
same thing with my probation officer and he didnt believe a lick of it.
And Niks mom told me before, when we confronted her about calling my
probation officer and she sat here for two hours trying to alibi every
single minute of her weekend to prove they didnt do it... she said "when
I call these people I give my name." Well ya did this time! Liars.
So
then I called my buddy who's an officer here on the island and asked
him if there's anything I can do to get them to shut up. He basically
said there isnt, a restraining order is my only choice and he doesnt
know if that will uphold because they're not directly harassing me.
Well
then Nik gets home last night and calls her parents to confront them
about calling my caseworker and her landlord. Her dad informs her that
it's not them, its this chick named Elma, who neither one of us know.
When we informed her dad that we dont even know this Elma, he said she
might know some people I go to church with and talk to. I havent been to
church in a year. Then he says she knows me because she goes to the
clinic that Zach works at. Zach doesnt have contact with patients at
all, he's a housekeeper. He cleans the lab, he barely sees patients. He
doesn't know one person from another in that place.
Then her dad
tells us to bring it on, and he wants to know who this person is whos
telling these people this stuff because then HE wants to press charges
for claiming to be them. What an idiot. Dude, the more you try to cover
it up, the more you're showing your guilt. And told Nik that if they
find out we're making this up we better owe them an apology. Blah blah
blah keep talking. You only start crap because you're bored with your
own lives and have nothing better to do. Niks dad stated that he will
show her all the phone bills to prove that her landlords and my
caseworkers phone numbers arent on there. Yeah right. Nik wants to move,
chang her phone number and cut all ties with Mommy and Daddy. We'll see
about that...
In the midst of all that... I got denied food
stamps again for the second time in 2 months. The last time because they
claimed I was still working my seasonal job in the Dells... that ended
July 23rd. I was back in La Crosse on the 24th. This time its because
I'm a student. Even tho I'm only taking two classes for a grand total of
6 credits... they consider that to be full time enrollment. Even the
schools consider anything less than 9 to 12 credits to be only half
time. So they said I need to be working at minimum of 20 hours a week in
order to qualify for food stamps. Kinda backwards if ya ask me.
So
we went to look at a 2 bedroom apartment this morning... a different
one. Just down the street, like 3 buildings down. Her current landlord
owns almost the entire block here in the apartment trailer park, but not
all of them... there's like 5 buildings on the block he doesnt own. We
totally love it. HUGE living room, nice size kitchen with a seperate
dining area, brand new stove and fridge, and nice size bedrooms... got
the applications this afternoon and have to get them back tomorrow...
somehow... and hopefully will hear by Monday or Tuesday if we get
it.....
Then I called my school and demanded my financial aid
money. LOL No not really... just kinda wondering where it is... I told
my counselor I REALLY need it because I'm basically going to be homeless
at the end of the month... she said she would look into it and call me
back. This afternoon I get a phone call AND an email from her saying I
should have it by the end of next week at the latest, they just need
confirmation that I've been attending school.
Yeh Its kinda been a
crappy week but now I'm praying SOMEONE will approve my application and
let me rent from them... it's not like I'm a felon or a drug dealer...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love with some comments!