Maybe because I didn't have to wake up and rush out the door to walk two miles into the city to catch the bus that only comes by once an hour on Sundays to go downtown and PBT this morning?
Or because I fell asleep reading a book instead of watching tv like I normally do? Maybe I might actually finish this book I got from the library. It's called Suicide Notes and is written from the perspective of a 16 yr old who tried to kill himself and then got committed to a psychiatric unit for 45 days... it's been interesting.
Sun's out, blue sky, light breeze, nearly 60 degrees.... the only thing that could make this day better is if I had the freedom to go for a Sunday drive and see the last of the fall colors before they all disappear. But I still see green outside my window. Which is weird because it's been frosty most every night for the past couple weeks. I almost want to open the windows and air this apartment out before I get a chance to not do so.
So I'm awake and enjoying peace and quiet for approximately an hour or so before the roomate wakes up. I'm in the bathroom and she decides she's going to put a CD in the surround sound system (which is MINE) and crank some tunes, then starts singing along at the top of her lungs. The surround sound system is in the living room, and her bedroom is in the back, and I can hear both her and the music as she's hiding in her room singing along. I come out of the bathroom and say "it's impossible to get any peace and quiet with you around..." and turn off the CD. She says "I was listening to that" and I was like, I dont care. Then she slams the door and goes back into her room.
Yesterday when I walked into the city to catch the bus, she let me borrow her mp3 player because mine mysteriously disappeared before I moved this last summer. I think I left it in my hoodie pocket and it went through the washer then melted in the dryer because it's gone and that hoodie pocket is the last place I remember having it. I didn't ask her to borrow it, she just handed it to me. When I got home last night she told me to keep it for walking downtown in case I had to go today (I didn't) so I left it in my coat pocket.
So two seconds later she comes out of her bedroom, goes into my coat pocket and takes out her mp3 player. I asked her if I gave her permission to go into my coat, and she ignored me and starts singing at the top of her lungs with her mp3 player. Once she comes out of the bedroom into the bathroom, she asked if I still wanted breakfast and I said yeah, and she's like "we'll see" because we only have one egg left and she was going to walk to Kwik Trip to get some eggs so I could make breakfast that she wanted.
Then comes out of the shower and asks if I'm mad at her. I said no, and she said well it seems like you are. I think its time to set some boundaries. Ground rules. But that seems childish.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love with some comments!