Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Quiet Corner of the Apartment Trailer Park

Awwwww..... aren't we cute? I have no idea how both of us fit on the couch. We were watching Top Gear on the DVR last Monday. I'm so happy he got his license back so he can come see me now!!!!





I did better last term than I thought I did.... Got an A in Juvenile Justice and a B- in Environmental Science.... giving me a 3.33 GPA. This term is almost three weeks in and I have 3 classes now instead of two, my counselor said as long as I keep up at least a 3.0 I can have three classes instead of two. Sociology of Policing on Monday nights, Issues and Ethics in the Helping Profession on Tuesdays, and English Composition on Wednesdays....

In english class last week we were assigned to find an editorial article and write a paper about if we agree or disagree with the editorial. I found an article from the New York Times about how families in New Orleans are claiming they were discriminated against by not receiving as much assistance as those who were wealthier and they have lawsuits pending that won't be heard until next year. Its been 5+ years since Katrina.
I was also interested in going to New Orleans to assist with cleanup and searched on Craigslist but was disappointed to find the people wanted money for room and board to come help them cleanup and rebuild.
So I wrote a paper from both sides and emailed it to my instructor and she asked me to read my entire paper to the class from start to finish, and said that I established good critical thinking skills because not only did I approach the editorial from both sides, but also introduced a solution to the problem. That was cool.
After class I had to speak with her about something and thats when she told me that she can tell I have a talent for writing and I'm brilliant... and I brought a copy of the book I wrote when I was 17 and she took it home to read it.
I have that stupid J.G. Wentworth commercial tune stuck in my head. Most of what I record to the DVR is daytime stuff with all paid programming infomercials during the breaks so I'm happy I get to ff through them... when I remember.
About 3 and a half weeks left on house arrest. It's went by kinda fast, much better now that I'm used to it than at first. Plenty of things to do to keep me busy, mostly homework. I'm glad we moved to this new two bedroom back in the corner, because if the both of us had stayed in that 1 bedroom I'd probably be sitting in jail right now til Dec 1st.
One more thing.... I may have a job but I dunno. APAC called me back, well the temp agency that assists with their hiring did. He asked why I quit, I explained what happened back in May when I left, and he said if I wanted to come back he would have to speak with the HR manager. He called him and called me right back and said the HR manager wanted to speak with me Friday at 1 and didn't see a problem with me coming back to work.
So I went in on Friday and said I had an appt with Todd at 1 and he had no idea what I was talking about. He told me to go ahead and fill out the paperwork and we would go from there. I didn't have to fill out everything, just the background check and basic info stuff, and re take the typing test. Had to get 20% accuracy with I don't remember how many words per minute. I got 95% accuracy with 54 words per minute. Then they said Todd would have to review the paperwork and someone would let me know. A half hour after I leave while I'm waiting for the bus, someone from there called me but I missed the call and they didn't leave a voicemail. So I called the guy who called me back; got his voicemail.... left him a message.... now I'm waiting for him to call me back I guess.
So it's the waiting game again. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love with some comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...