Friday, August 27, 2010

120 + 90 Days....

on house arrest.

To begin no later than Sept 9.

Although the pc (politically correct) term for it now is "electronic monitoring" which basically means you can go to school... and work... and a few random other things scheduled at minimum a day in advance.

At least I can still go to work and school. Well, that would be nice... if I had a job.

This totally sucks. And it all started with an incident that should have never escalated to begin with. And the person who caused most of this trouble got nothing. Nada. Zip. And is walking around with not even an ounce of guilt in her heart. Happy she got what she wanted... which is me, all to herself.

I AM NOT A LESBIAN. And I'm not about to start swinging that way.

How does one deal with a roomate who is so obsessed with being around one person that it hurts them when they are away? That they can't even cope with being seperated?

I don't mind it. I'm happy to get away from her every now and then. I know children that aren't as attached to their parents as she appears to be to me.

Okay... a couple weekends ago when I went home to visit... she did my laundry. This may have not bothered me so much...... if it had been my shirts and jeans.

No.

She did my whites and underclothes.

Whats even creepier... she put them away. In MY dresser. This also would not have bothered me so much if we are a "couple" and/or even married... but there's just some things certain friends, no matter how close, including roomates, should NOT do for each other... one of them being intimate laundry.

So I thought my life was going to get better once the roomate (or I) got a job... she starts a new job on Monday... I start school on Monday... still no work...

but this apartment will be my jail cell. It's a heck of a lot better than being IN jail... at least I can choose the food I eat :)

So basically I have til Sept 9th to get a landline installed here for the electronic monitoring or report to the jail.

And trying to get that going today was craziness. Of course the county contracts with only one company, CenturyLink, which is now two that merged, CenturyTel and Embarq. So I go to the website and call the number on the site. The chick I got there said I have to talk to the CenturyTel people, she transfers me there.

On hold again.

The rep I get on the phone says I need the sales dept. She was going to transfer me and told me it was an estimated half hour wait so gave me the number to call later. I write down the number exactly as she gave it.

Lil bit later, I call the number. I get an automated voice telling me to call another number and it ends the call.

I call that number... it's a SEX CHAT LINE!

Ay yi yi... back to the beginning. I call the first number I called again. I tell the rep what happened and how I was told before I needed to talk to sales on the CenturyTel side. The chick there tells me she can use both computer systems and can get everything set up for me. I wasnt happy but ok...

...and now I hafta come up with a 25.00 deposit before they can get it hooked up. But already issued me a phone number... and I need to find a corded phone to hook up... Justice sanctions says it can't be a cordless phone... I mean, who has those anymore?

So, I guess I'll hafta find lotsa things to do to keep me busy. No Oktoberfest for me this year :( But its better than being IN jail. Thats all I can say right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love with some comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...