Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nervous, Scared, and Excited

All at the same time. Is that possible?

I need a full body massage and a soak in a hot tub. We havent been able to go camping at all this summer, which is where I got my full of hot tubbedness last summer. I used to not like them. Maybe I'm just getting old. Even camping for one night would be great but we just havent been able to make the time and the funds and the transportation to get to the only campground we'd probably ever go to ever again.... Christmas Mountain!

Scared... school starts in a week. Its been 3 yrs since I been in school... graduated tech college in 2007 with my associates degree... going back for my bachelors starting on the 30th... although the schedule is kinda fun (NOT) 530 to 10 pm classes one night a week, two classes at a time this term for 8 weeks... gonna be a change. Excited about it too... I remember my first day of tech school... Aug 23 2004... I was shaking LOL 3 days later I got hit by a car while riding my bike and that put me in a neck and shoulder brace and out of school for a week.

And I need a darn job! 3 weeks of fighting with WalMart for them to tell me this morning that theyre waiting for the background check to come back... and that walmart doesnt even make the decision to hire... the company they send the info out to for the background check decides that. But why would they waste the time with drug testing and making the job offer if they wont even hire you? They should check that info before they give a SECOND interview.

My cats trying to share my lap with my laptop. I think she misses the recliner where she could lie on my arm on the recliner arm while I had my laptop... not so easy on the couch... poor recliners buried in the storage shed til I can get a job and back into my own place... which I want nothing more than to be right now... I can even deal without a car for now... never stopped me before...

I've always lived with the philosophy that you do what you gotta. When I was in college I was living with my brother and sister in law and sharing a bedroom with my 2 year old nephew. I would wake up at 8 ish and ride my bike to the closest bus stop a few miles away, ride the bus downtown to campus, go to school all day til 2,3,430 ish... I was taking anywhere from 17 to 22 credits my first two years of school... then go home, take a nap (not easy with a 2 yr old in the room) and eat dinner... maybe take another nap... round 8-830 Id have to leave home again, walk to the bus stop again, ride the last bus downtown which got there around 1030, sit in the breakroom for an hour or so doing homework, then start work around 11 15-1130pm, get done anywhere between 130 and 4 am... then walk home. 6 miles one way. My brother left for work at 445 am... and many times I would pass him about a block from home on his way to work on my way home. It is true that the more you do something the easier it becomes. I got that 6 mile walk down to an hour and a half. On a good night. Snow, rain, didnt stop me or bother me... but it did make passersby freak out and call the cops on me all the time... which drove me insane because they would have to come pick me up and would offer me a ride into the city limits, or sometimes they would even drive me all the way home.

And thats why my sis calls me the Human Donut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love with some comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...